Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Nora Fries, born Nora Fields, was the wife of scientist Victor Fries until she was diagnosed with a terminal illness. Unable to bear losing his beloved wife, Victor decided to cryogenically preserve her, in the hopes that in the future he would find a way to cure her. She was stored in a Wayne Enterprises facility. Victor devoted his life to curing Nora, becoming the supervillain Mister Freeze in the process.
During Nora's time in cryostasis, Victor was searching for a way to cure her of her deathly disease. After experimenting on multiple women, Victor was able to revive Nora and cure her of her condition by turning her into his likeness.
After revival, Nora understood and embraced Victor's lifestyle of being a villain, going by the name "Mrs. Freeze." Eventually, she began to see Victor as a bother for wanting her to give up the new life she just accepted. She parted ways with him by force and decided to continue her new life in crime.
- Cryo-Suit: Wears a suit that keeps her body temperature below freezing. (Formerly)
- Mister Freeze's Cold Gun: During her time with Mister Freeze, she was given his cold gun and is seen using it.
- Nora was created by Paul Dini and first appeared in "Heart of Ice". The name "Nora Fields" was previously used for the coroner in Gotham Central (Volume 1). The updated Nora Fields first appeared as part of Scott Snyder's Batman in the New 52 in Batman Annual (Volume 2) #1.
- 14 Appearances of Nora Fields (Prime Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Nora Fields (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Nora Fields (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Nora Fields (Prime Earth)