Nora Thompson Allen was the mother of the Flash.
Nora Allen was the wife of Dr. Henry Allen and mother of The Flash and Malcolm Thawne. She grew up in the small town of Fallville, Iowa. On the stormy night of May 13th, two pregnant women came to the office of Dr. Gilmore. However, the doctor had been drinking, and he had sent his nurse home. The child of one of the women, Charlene Thawne, had been strangled on its own umbilical cord, and Gilmore was too intoxicated to save the poor baby. However, the other woman, Nora Allen, successfully gave birth to twin boys.
Gilmore, trying to be fair, gave one of the twins to the Thawne family, telling the Allens that one of their children had been stillborn. The twin that remained with the Allens was named Barry, and he grew up to be the Flash. The other twin, however, was raised by the Thawnes, and he was named Malcolm.
The time-travelling Professor Zoom decided to get revenge on the Flash. Travelled back in time to Barry's childhood and murders Nora. Due to a lack of evidence, Henry was convicted. However, Barry could never believe that his father had killed Nora, and this led him to become a policeman.
- The The Flash: Rebirth series introduced a major retcon to the story of Nora Allen. See Nora Allen (Earth-One) for her history prior to this retcon.
- 6 Appearances of Nora Thompson (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Nora Thompson (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Nora Thompson (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Nora Thompson (New Earth)