"The Eye in the Sky": Maxwell Lord, revealed as the Black King of Checkmate, has just murdered Blue Beetle in cold blood. He orders his knights to take the body away and incinerate it. His most trusted knight
- It means Ted Kord is dead, Alfred... and none of us are safe - none of us.
- — Batman
Appearing in "The Eye in the Sky"
- Earth's Moon
- Gotham City
- Blue Beetle's Bug (Behind the scenes)
Synopsis for "The Eye in the Sky"
Maxwell Lord, revealed as the Black King of Checkmate, has just murdered Blue Beetle in cold blood. He orders his knights to take the body away and incinerate it. His most trusted knight, Sasha Bordeaux, begins to distrust her superiors.
Sasha meets with another agent, Jessica Midnight, on the ramparts of the Checkmate compound. Midnight openly questions Max's brash actions, but Sasha is determined to keep her in line.
While Jessica and Sasha settle their differences, Maxwell Lord goes inside to activate Brother Eye – a master satellite system capable of spying on anyone, anywhere on the globe. The satellite's creator, Batman, tries to regain control of Brother Eye, but has no idea who usurped control of the station from him. Lord uses the satellite to awaken human sleeper agents, OMACs, and orders them to terminate selected metahumans with extreme prejudice.
Maxwell Lord then orders Sasha and her team to dismantle Blue Beetle's Bug and scatter its components in an untraceable location. Sasha, guilty over her part in Beetle's death, surreptitiously mails his broken goggles to Bruce Wayne.
Meanwhile in the United States, Booster Gold investigates Blue Beetle's disappearance. He has yet to learn the grisly fate that has befallen his friend. He meets up with Wonder Woman and together they fly to the JLA Watchtower to investigate further.
- The OMAC Project is a six-issue limited series, which includes a one-shot special.
- This series bears no relation to O.M.A.C. (One-Man Army Corps), a Silver Age character created by Jack Kirby.
- This series follows events depicted in Countdown to Infinite Crisis #1
- Blue Beetle appears as a corpse only (body destroyed in this issue).
- Behind the scenes appearance by Blue Beetle's Bug (destroyed in this issue).
- This series is one of four different Infinite Crisis tie-in titles. The other titles include:
- Discuss OMAC Project Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the OMAC Project series
- Images from OMAC Project Vol 1 1
- Action Comics #829
- Adventures of Superman #641
- Adventures of Superman #642
- Adventures of Superman #643
- Birds of Prey #83
- Countdown to Infinite Crisis #1
- Firestorm (Volume 3) #18
- Infinite Crisis #1-7
- Manhunter (Volume 3) #13
- Robin (Volume 2) #143
- Robin (Volume 3) #144
- Superman (Volume 2) #217
- Superman (Volume 2) #219
- Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #219
- Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #220
- Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #221
Links and References
The events from this issue or series are related to Infinite Crisis, and/or any of its surrounding events, including Villains United, the OMAC Project, Rann-Thanagar War and Day of Vengeance. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Infinite Crisis crossovers category.