- There is only the silence of though as my son...daughter...leave it up to you...Oblivion gives her the ability to walk men's memory. To control it, to feed it, to play in it like a child in mud. To feed a moment back into a mind again and again until it is gorged on the experience...and bursts with insanity. These are but a few of Oblivion's tricks.
Oblivion is one of the Children of Cronus, he gave Devastation the gift to enter one's memory and shape it to her will. When Cronus swallowed almost all of his children, including previously unknown gods named Oblivion, Titan, Arch, Disdain, Slaughter, and Harrier. He did this out of fear that his children would one day rise up against him and dethrone him.
Centuries after Zeus successfully accomplished this feat, Cronus released the remaining children who did not escape his bowels. These unknown gods became his new pantheon, which he used to destroy various gods on his new ascension to power. One obstacle Cronus came to know was the champion of Olympus Wonder Woman. In order to defeat the Amazon, Cronus devised a plan to create a dark mirror image of Wonder Woman whom he could call as a champion of his own.
Similar to Wonder Woman he formed the image of a child out of Themysciran clay. He breathed life into it and called her Devastation. He then had his dark children each bless the new creation with evil gifts. Oblivion provided her the gift to enter one's memory and shape it to her will. Thus Devastation possessed each of Wonder Woman's abilities, but with a dark twist to them.
Cronus and his army of children's powers have grown from the faith of a cult on Earth. They sought to capture all power of the godwave. They began by defeating the Olympians and casting Zeus down to earth. He then conquered the Hindu Gods and headed for Heaven. But Wonder Woman freed the Olympians and united with the Hindus and the Pax Dei. Wonder Woman trounced Cronus but the god still managed to touch the power of the Presence. In doing so, he gained perfect clarity. Humbled, Cronus and his Children returned to mother Gaea.
- 11 Appearances of Oblivion (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Oblivion (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Oblivion (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Oblivion (New Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."