Olaf Bjornson was a member of the Blackhawk Squadron.
Born in Sweden, the lantern-jawed Olaf was one of that country's leading circus acrobats. Although Sweden was neutral during the war, Olaf chose not to casually watch as Europe fell before the Nazi menace. Thus he left behind Sweden's peace and became a Blackhawk.
In the late 1960s, when the team adopted "secret identities", Olaf at first had trouble coming up with anything until he was provided a suit of super-rubber by a Swedish scientist, Professor Neilson, which allowed him to become the Leaper.
In the 1970s when the majority of the team was based in the Cunningham Aircraft company, Olaf worked in Europe as a ski instructor. He had one of the new VTOL aircraft hidden in a mountain cave which he could use to join the team on short notice. What Olaf did after Blackhawk disbanded the team is not known.
Powers and Abilities
- Acrobatics: Olaf was raised by his uncle, who was an acrobat.
- Aviation Olaf Bjornson was one of the greatest combat pilots in history.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic)
- Multilingualism Olaf can read Old Norse runes and Old English inscriptions.
- This version of Olaf Bjornson, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- The earlier version of Olaf understood spoken Russian, as well as his native Norwegian and/or Swedish, plus German, and several other languages. While it seems likely that the Earth-One Olaf also speaks these languages, it is not yet confirmed.
- Olaf's last name was first mentioned in Blackhawk #117, Oct 1957.
- 164 Appearances of Olaf Bjornson (Earth-One)
- 5 Images featuring Olaf Bjornson (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Olaf Bjornson (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Olaf Bjornson (Earth-One)