- My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal—to save my city. For eight years, I've fought alongside brave men and women striving for justice. But then, a Crisis came. And I had to become someone else. I had to become something else. I made the ultimate sacrifice, which helped birth an entirely new universe. Now my friends and family will have to go on without me. And although I have become a Spectre, there is a part of me that will always be the Green Arrow.
- — Oliver Queen src
Oliver Queen was the Green Arrow, a vigilante who after being shipwrecked and trapped for five years, trained to become a highly advanced fighter and master archer. Upon returning to his hometown Starling City, Queen at first fought crime in an attempt to right his deceased father's wrongs but, later, developed his own morals for defending the city in general. During the Crisis event, Queen died protecting Earth-38, but was resurrected as the Spectre to defeat the Anti-Monitor, though the battle cost him his life.
5 Year Isolation
Oliver's entire life was flipped upside down during an ill-fated sailing trip on his father's yacht, the Queen's Gambit. The ship was sabotaged in the Pacific ocean, forcing Oliver, Robert and a third crewman to escape in a life raft. Only having enough food and water for one person, Robert killed the third man and told Oliver that he had failed their city and that Oliver needed to survive and right his wrongs. Robert then committed suicide, shooting himself in the head in front of his son. Oliver's raft ended up on the island of Lian Yu, and while scavenging the raft for supplies, he uncovered a list of corrupt one-percenters who were driving Starling City to ruin.
During his third year on the island and failed escape from Lian Yu, Oliver was discovered by Amanda Waller and was forced to work as a top-secret A.R.G.U.S. operative before being returned to Starling City. Transported to Hong Kong, Oliver was denied the ability to make contact with his friends and family back home until he had completed his mission.
Return to Starling
By the time Oliver was rescued after five years, he was found back on Lian Yu by a group of helicopters. At this point, he had mastered archery and Eskrima and had become a fluent speaker of Mandarin and Russian. As Oliver attempted to reconnect with friends and family, he also created a Robin Hood themed combat suit and began a one-man war of attrition against the corrupt elite named on his father's list, in order to keep the promise he made his father before he died. He eventually gained valuable allies in the form of John Diggle and Felicity Smoak, who steered him down a less lethal path and toward stopping crimes that affected everyday people instead of limiting his crusade to "the list." But as his allies multiplied so did his enemies. "The Hood" attracted the ire of not only the Underworld but also the police and a mysterious "undertaking" with more sinister, far reaching plans.
Rampage of the Hood
At the start of his crusade, he made an underground layer at the sub-level of an old factory, while opening it into a nightclub as cover, and set up his equipment and connections for his quest of justice, and began with Adam Hunt, whose money he quickly returned to those it was stolen from, and in hunting two more, he made enemies of the sharpshooter Deadshot and the Chinese Triad assassin Chien Na Wei, while enlisting the aid of the Bratva using his rank as a Captain. After saving Diggle, he invited him to join his crusade after mentioning his fight with Deadshot. With Diggle's advice, he also put daily criminals in his crosshairs, such as the Royal Flush Gang. He discovered Helena Bertinelli's crusade of vengeance against her father's criminal empire, after her fiance's murder, which led to a brief relationship. He ultimately gained a formidable enemy in the Dark Archer, another masked archer who was pursuing his old targets, whom he fought and lost to, leaving him afraid for his family's state if he dies. After a confrontation with his mother in his vigilante persona, he also brought Felicity Smoak into the fold. After fighting the Savior, he gained a new devoted ally in Thea's boyfriend Roy Harper.
Opposing the Undertaking
Oliver eventually discovered a sinister plan called the Undertaking that they uncovered to involve causing an artificial earthquake to level the Glades using a Markov device, which his father opposed. He eventually found out the Dark Archer was Malcolm Merlyn, Tommy's father, who defeated him and chained him up. With Diggle's aid, he freed himself and confronted Malcolm, while Felicity and Quentin Lance worked to stop the earthquake device. Oliver eventually found his resolve to defeat Malcolm by stabbing him with an arrow through himself first, but not before Malcolm reveals a second earthquake device, which he activates, before seemingly perishing. Desperate, he rushes to save Laurel and Tommy at CNRI, where he finds Tommy impaled, who he reconciles with before dying.
Powers and Abilities
- Divine Empowerment: As the Spectre, Oliver had nearly unlimited magical potential given to him by the former host of the Spectre, Jim Corrigan.
- Antimatter Manipulation
- Cosmic Awareness
- Dimensional Travel: Oliver was able to travel to the Vanishing Point, a plane outside of space and time. He was also able to project himself into the Speed Force to communicate with Barry Allen.
- Force Field
- Power Distribution
- Reality Alteration
- Time Travel
- Magic: A tattoo given to him by John Constantine grants Oliver limited access to light magic. If a user of dark magic attempts to attack Oliver with something such as telekinesis, Oliver can channel his light magic to repel the attack.
- Archery: Oliver is a master of archery and is skilled in Kyūdō, potent mix of archery and martial arts which emphasizes focus and coordination. He also has an assortment of specialty arrows.
- Business Management
- Computer Hacking
- Computer Operation
- Demolitions: During his time in the Bratva, Oliver was taught by Anatoli Knyazev to build explosives.
- Firearms: Due to his time as an agent of A.R.G.U.S., Oliver became an highly skilled sniper. He has also displayed great proficiency with handguns.
- Indomitable Will
- Martial Arts: Oliver is a master martial artist who was trained by various deadly fighters, including Deathstroke, Ra's al Ghul and Talia al Ghul. Over the years, he honed his fighting skills to the extent that he could best each of his masters in combat. Oliver's fighting skills have allowed him to defeat large groups of assassins and armed mercenaries, as well as gone toe-to-toe with enhanced super soldiers and speedsters.
- Eskrima: Oliver is highly proficient in this discipline, incorporating it into his training regimen.
- Muay Thai
- Pencak Silat
- Stick Fighting: Oliver is highly proficient in stick-based martial arts, capable of using eskrima sticks, bo-staffs and even his bow as an improvised staff in combat.
- Tae Kwon Do
- Wing Chun
- Meditation: Oliver knows a type of meditation that can allow a person to regain forgotten memories.
- Multilingualism: Oliver is able to speak Mandarin Chinese (no accent), English and Russian. He also knows limited Arabic.
- Occultism: During his time on Lian Yu, Oliver acquired extensive knowledge of magic and mysticism. He can easily recognize magic based powers and distinguish it from metahuman abilities.
- Peak Human Condition: As a result of his extremely rigorous training, Oliver is now at the upper end of natural human abilities. He is strong enough to easily snap a man's neck. He has also endured blows from metahumans and Kryptonians, as well as survived falling from a mountain after being impaled, long enough to receive help. Oliver is also fast enough to nearly catch a motorcycle on foot.
- Pedagogy: Oliver has trained multiple members of Team Arrow in martial arts and weaponry. He also taught Barry Allen to use his powers to his advantage to better tactically access environments.
- Political Science
- Swimming: Oliver is a skilled free-diver and swimmer, and can hold his breath underwater for up to 145 seconds.
- Swordsmanship: Oliver is a master swordsman, having trained under Slade Wilson, and later Ra's al Ghul and Malcolm Merlyn. His skills are great enough to match Ra's himself in a sword dual for an extended period of time.
- Tactical Analysis
- Throwing: Oliver can throw knives and similar weapons with deadly accuracy. He was even able to throw an off-balance kitchen knife with perfect accuracy.
- Weaponry: Oliver is skilled in the use of many weapons, including sticks, knives and swords, and even alien weaponry.
- Trick Arrows
- Router Arrow: Shot near computers to hack into them.
- Grappling Hook Arrow: To grab on to ledges for swing lines and zip lines.
- Voice Recording/Listening Arrow: Recording and Listening devices for recording confessions and surveillance. Used in "Honor Thy Father", "Betrayal" and "The Undertaking".
- Ensnarement Arrow: After piercing a target it launches wires into the area around the target and then pulls them tight. Used in "Legacies" to anchor dropped bags of money to the ground to prevent them from being carried off by bank robbers.
- Flashbang Arrow: A flash/bang grenade in the form of an arrow. Used in "Vendetta" to disorient drug dealers at the beginning of an attack and to distract a hostage taker in "The Undertaking". and to explode in Malcolm Merlyn's face after he caught it during their last duel in "Sacrifice".
- Explosive Arrow: Time delayed (Used in "Year's End" to blow a door) and Impact (Used in "Dodger" and "The Huntress Returns" to disable moving cars).
- Flame Burst Arrow: Creates a burst of fire. Used in "Betrayal" to blind snipers.
- Tranquilizer Mini Dart: Small dart thrown to deliver a sedative. Thrown at Detective Quentin to disable him while escaping the police station in "The Huntress Returns".
- Incendiary Arrows: Used to burn through the seal in a grate to get into the subway in "Salvation".
- Remote Detonator Arrow: Explosive arrow that can be detonated by remote control. Used to distract drug dealing doctors and escape from being strapped to a chair in "Unfinished Business".
- Injector Arrow: Arrow with a syringe in the tip to inject liquids into target. Used to inject an herb solution to counteract a drug overdose given to Oliver in "Unfinished Business", and to inject the cure to Mirakuru into its victims in "Streets of Fire" and "Unthinkable".
- Magnet Arrow: Arrow that has a magnetic tip. Used to disarm Damien Darhk's men in "Legends of Today".
- Kryptonite Arrow: Arrow with a tip made of Green Kryptonite. Used to injure Overgirl in "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 2".
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Arrow and is an adaptation of Green Arrow. The original character was created by Mort Weisinger and George Papp and first appeared in More Fun Comics #73.
- Oliver Queen was portrayed by Stephen Amell.
- Oliver was born on May 16, 1985.
- Eobard Thawne once claimed Oliver would live to be 86 years old. This was before universe and timeline altering events.
- While in prison, Ollie's prisoner number was 4587.
- 256 Appearances of Oliver Queen (Arrowverse)
- 58 Images featuring Oliver Queen (Arrowverse)
- 34 Quotations by or about Oliver Queen (Arrowverse)
- Character Gallery: Oliver Queen (Arrowverse)
- Arrow: "Pilot"
- Arrow: "Honor Thy Father"
- Arrow: "Identity"
- Arrow: "Broken Dolls"
- Arrow: "The Fallen"
- Arrow: "The Fallen"
- Arrow: "My Name Is Oliver Queen"
- Arrow: "Reversal"
- The Flash: "Elseworlds, Part 1"
- Arrow: "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Four"
- Arrow: "Genesis"
- Arrow: "Lone Gunmen"
- Arrow: "Green Arrow"
- Arrow: "Vertigo"
- Arrow: "So It Begins"
- Arrow: "Sara"
- Arrow: "The Return"
- Arrow: "Corto Maltese"
- Arrow: "Eleven-Fifty-Nine"
- Arrow: "The Brave and the Bold"
- Arrow: "The Calm"
- Arrow: "Unthinkable"
- The Flash: "Flash vs. Arrow"
- Arrow: "Suicidal Tendencies"
- How many fighting styles does Green Arrow know in CW's Arrow?
- Arrow: "The Promise"
- Arrow: "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 2"
- Arrow: "Muse of Fire"
- Arrow (TV Series) Episode: Legacies
- Arrow: "Keep Your Enemies Closer"
- Arrow: "Dark Waters"
- Arrow: "Kapiushon"
- Arrow: "The Climb"
- Arrow: "Year's End"
- Arrow: "Invasion!"
- Arrow: "Damaged"
- The Flash: "Rogue Air"
- Arrow: "Inmate 4587"
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
League of Assassins member
|Team Arrow member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Arrow family of vigilante super-heroes, who fight crime using archery and martial arts. They are a loose connection brought together through family bonds and shared experiences. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Team Arrow members."
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.