A strange, noble alien visitor to Earth 36 with powers and abilities far beyond those of humanity. While the foremost hero of his world, even with the aid of his team Justice 9 he proved not to be the equal of the monstrous Superdoomsday of Earth 45, who killed and subsequently devoured the champion, leaving his allies in disarray. He was resurrected by The Gentry during their attack on the Multiverse, battling Justice 9.
- Vulnerability to K-Laser: Optiman was vulnerable to the hate-powered "K-Laser", his dimension's equivalent to Kryptonite.
- Optiman is an homage to Ultiman of Big Bang Comics, who was a pastiche of Superman.
- A hero of very similar appearance fought with the Supermen of the Multiverse against Mandrakk; this, alongside creator Evan Shaner's note of having to "update" Optiman's costume for his appearance in the Multiversity Guidebook, indicates he had a counterpart in the pre-Flashpoint Multiverse.
- The Multiversity Guidebook notes Optiman's "apparent" death at the hands of Superdoomsday, suggesting the possibility that he, like his Earth 0 counterpart, may have somehow survived or be capable of being resurrected from his evident demise.
- 2 Appearances of Optiman (Earth 36)
- 3 Images featuring Optiman (Earth 36)
- Quotations by or about Optiman (Earth 36)
- Character Gallery: Optiman (Earth 36)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.