Orana was a red-haired Amazon who challenged Princess Diana for the title of Wonder Woman.
Diana initially protested, but Queen Hippolyta informed her that Orana had every right to call for a new tournament as per the laws laid down by the Gods themselves. After a grueling struggle, the glory hungry Orana emerged as the victor and became the New Wonder Woman. Orana departed Paradise Island for New York City but became frustrated by the outside world's rejection of her as the new Wonder Woman.
Meanwhile unbeknownst to the rest of the Amazons, a defeated Princess Diana also left Paradise Island to resume her civilian identity as Diana Prince. The Amazon princess wasn't on the sidelines for long as she leaped into action to aid Orana in her battle against the terrorist Warhead. Together the two women saved New York City from Warhead's neutron bomb, but during the battle Orana was shot and killed ending her brief reign as Wonder Woman. The red-haired beauty was laid to rest on Paradise Island, and Diana reclaimed the mantle of Wonder Woman.
- Amazonian Training: The Amazons honed their skills in many fields, aided by the gifts from Athena and Artemis.
- This version of Orana, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- An Amazon called Orana appeared in Wonder Woman #98, but this does not appear to be the same character.
- 2 Appearances of Orana (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Orana (Earth-One)
- 2 Quotations by or about Orana (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Orana (Earth-One)