Osira was a self-proclaimed Egyptian goddess who sought to restore the world by eradicating free will.
Osira came to Earth from another galaxy, in another dimension. A fleet of starships left her world nine thousand years ago. Some of the vessels were struck by meteoroids, and hurled into another dimensional planes. The ship bearing their lider, Aten, was one such that ended up in another dimension.
She and her husband Hefnakhti's vessel landed in Egypt, and conquered its people -- not by war, rather they were revered as gods. For a time, she and her mate ruled over Egypt, bringing the art of irrigation and directing the building of pyramids as testaments to humankind's abilities and as temples for the ruling couple, but eventually the Egyptians turned against them at the instigation of the high priest Anankh, and imprisoned them in one of their own pyramids. But the pyramid's shape creates a field of force within it, amplifying their natural energies of the universe, and they broke free, but were again overcome by Anankh and his followers when they exhausted almost all their power, and their enemies mummified them alive.
Three millennia later, in 1943, she was unentombed by stray shots from a nearby tank battle, and she attempted to end the Second World War, wanting to pacify the planet by taming it as she and her husband have tried before. Wonder Woman and the Justice Society of America, however, stopped her from doing that. Accepting her defeat, Osira left for the afterlife with her beloved Hefnakhti's spirit, which she had tried to revive in Steve Trevor's body, disintegrating her body in the process.
Osira teamed up with Circe and other Wonder Woman villains to ambush the Amazon on Aeaea. Wonder Woman had brought her own backup, and Osira was defeated by the Amazon Princess herself.<ref name=WWA-3-1>
Powers and Abilities
- Alien Physiology
- Energy Construct Creation: She can create an energy pyramid that she uses to fly and to protect herself as well as to serve as a prison for others.
- Energy Projection
- Mind Control: She was able to control Steve Trevor's mind to "fall in love" with her, and also the JSA to attack Wonder Woman.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- Osira's late husband, Hefnakhti, looked exactly like Steve Trevor.
- 9 Appearances of Osira (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Osira (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Osira (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Osira (New Earth)
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."