"Robot Tyrants of Kadeyland": Doctor Helga Jace reveals herself as an agent of the Manhunters. Unlike others who had been brainwashed into serving the Manhunter cause, Jace does so willingly. She activates a psychic trigger inside of Metamorpho's brain, forcing him
- It was for the Manhunters' cause that I betrayed my country... my allies... my race! There will be no turning back!
Appearing in "Robot Tyrants of Kadeyland"
- Helga Jace (Final appearance; dies)
- Atomic Knights (In dream sequence only)
- Dr. Karl Simon (Flashback only)
- President Kadey (In dream sequence only)
- Atomic Knight Armor
- Blue Belt Robots
- Soultaker Sword
Synopsis for "Robot Tyrants of Kadeyland"
Doctor Helga Jace reveals herself as an agent of the Manhunters. Unlike others who had been brainwashed into serving the Manhunter cause, Jace does so willingly. She activates a psychic trigger inside of Metamorpho's brain, forcing him to turn against the other outsiders. While fighting his teammates, he transforms into a hydrogen cloud. Jace shoots the cloud with laser gun and the room explodes.
When the Outsiders awaken, they find themselves in a strange new world. This is the future reality of Gardner Grayle and the Atomic Knights. They meet Grayle, but he does not remember having ever encountered him before. The Outsiders teams up with the Atomic Knights to combat Organizer Kadey, who has since assumed the title of President of Kadeyland. Kadeyland has seceded from the United States and he enforces his rule through the use of Blue Belt Robots. The Outsiders and the Atomic Knights fight Kadey's robots and ultimately prove victorious.
Suddenly, the Outsiders awaken for a second time, secured to tables in Doctor Jace's laboratory. The entire experience with the Atomic Knights has been nothing but a dream. The heroes break free and fight up against Jace and Metamorpho. Looker tricks Metamorpho into attacking Jace and Jace fires a weapon at him. The energy surge creates a backlash, which kills Jace and disperses Metamorpho's atoms. The rest of the Outsiders believe that he is dead.
- Metamorpho is killed in this issue. He is later resurrected during the great Invasion! due to the effects of the Gene Bomb.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Outsiders Vol 1 27 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Outsiders series
- Outsiders Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Outsiders (Volume 1) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Outsiders (Volume 1) series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Outsiders (Volume 1) series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
|Millennium Crossover |
The events from this issue are related to Millennium, a 1988 crossover event spanning through all DC Titles, in which the Guardians of the Universe left and Earth was put in danger by the robotic Manhunter Cult.