As a little girl, Pamela Isley moved to Gotham City with her parents, who opened their own nursery garden. The Isleys were known for being esteemed botanists, and began teaching at Gotham's university. Even young Pamela showed promise of becoming a great botanist someday. The Isley Nursery ran for many years, helping Gotham flourish with plant-life. But one day Pamela's father, Dr. Isley, became ill after he was exposed to a toxin from a tropical plant that was mislabeled as harmless. Eventually, Dr. Isley succumbed to the plant's toxin and the nursery closed. Pamela blamed Gotham University for her father's death, as it had conducted no search for an antidote to the toxin, not even after everything Dr. Isley had done for the university. Pamela and her mother moved back to the south, and for many more years Pamela continued to improve on her botany skills, slowly making herself immune to the toxin that had killed her father. Eventually, Pamela resurfaced in Gotham City as a super-villainess called Poison Ivy, and used her knowledge of plants to control plant-life and commit crimes. Batman and Robin had their first encounter with her at the time when they were investigating the apparent death of Louie the Lilac.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Batman, its tie-in comic book series, related live-action movie and animated movies, Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders and Batman vs. Two-Face. It is an adaptation of Poison Ivy. The original character was created by Robert Kanigher and Sheldon Moldoff and first appeared in Batman #181.
- This character has only appeared in the Batman '66 comic books based in the Batman TV show's continuity. She did not appear on the TV show itself.
- 8 Appearances of Pamela Isley (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 1 Images featuring Pamela Isley (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Quotations by or about Pamela Isley (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Pamela Isley (Batman 1966 TV Series)
|Batman Villain(s) from the 1966 series |
This character, team or organization, was primarily an enemy of the Batman in either the 1966-1968 television show, related 1966 film, tie-in comic book series or the animated movies. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Batman (1966 TV Series) Villains category."