Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Patrick Wayne was the owner of Wayne Operations (later Wayne Enterprises) and an eccentric Gotham businessman ill-reputed in the press for his behavior. Under him, Wayne Operations launched a transport service called "WayneTrek". When the Nazis took over Germany, he helped the Jews of Europe in smuggling valuable Jewish art to the United States alongside other valuable gems aboard the ship Odyssey, pretending that they were on loan. He had planned to sell the art on the black market to support the war against the Nazis he foresaw was going to happen.
During the Odyssey's voyage, he welcomed members of the press and those who had come to view the treasure aboard it, but soon had to leave in an airplane upon learning that his wife had given birth to a son named Thomas. The Odyssey was hit by the airplane Altaire-One soon after he left, and sunk in the Atlantic Ocean. Patrick upon learning it was devastated and organized annual expeditions to find the Odyssey, but his wish remained unfulfilled. Thomas and his son Bruce continued Patrick's efforts to track down the ship.
- Patrick Wayne was created by Scott Beatty, first appearing in Batman Secret Files and Origins #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Patrick Wayne first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Detective Comics #1027 by Marv Wolfman and Emanuela Lupacchino.
- 1 Appearances of Patrick Wayne (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Patrick Wayne (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Patrick Wayne (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Patrick Wayne (Prime Earth)