Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Patroclus was a famous Greek hero of ancient times.
He and his lover Achilles went down in history as great heroes. However, the neo-Nazi vampire Count Berlin tried to cast a spell with the bones of Patroclus to alter history and make the world remember them only as cousins. Count Berlin's plans were thwarted by the combined action of the magician Extraño and the vigilante Midnighter, preserving the history of the two warriors.
- This character is an adaptation of Patroclus, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Patroclus was first adapted into DC comics by Robert Rodi, in Weird War Tales Special (Volume 2) #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Patroclus first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in DC Pride #1 by Steve Orlando and Stephen Byrne.
- 1 Appearances of Patroclus (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Patroclus (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Patroclus (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Patroclus (Prime Earth)