Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Helen was a girl rescued by Wonder Woman from a branch of the Sons of Liberty in Central New York, of which her parents were part but were killed during the raid of Diana and A.R.G.U.S. against them. Raised by a retired A.R.G.U.S. couple, Harold and Petra Paul, she could always count on Diana's presence in her life as she grew up until she chose to join A.R.G.U.S. as well.
However, the truth about Helen Paul's origin came to light when the supervillain Leviathan revealed to her his true past as a descendant of the Valkyrie Gudra through her descendants known as the von Gudras. At this point, Leviathan revealed to Helen that that was the real reason Diana had taken her from her family and had always watched over her, just as he had revealed to her her real name: Paula van Gunther, the Warmaster.
- Paula von Gunther was created by William Moulton Marston and Harry G. Peter, first appearing in Sensation Comics #4. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Paula von Gunther first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Wonder Woman Annual (Volume 5) #3 by Steve Orlando and V. Ken Marion.
- 2 Appearances of Paula van Gunther (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Paula van Gunther (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Paula van Gunther (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Paula van Gunther (Prime Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."