Passionately obsessed with Princess Diana from the moment they met, she wanted to rule a world of women together with her, where men were slaves.
It was Paula who murdered Hippolyta in her own royal palace for Diana to take her place as Queen of the Amazons and fulfill her desire and stole her Aphrodite's Magic Girdle. During the fight between Paula and Diana with the Amazons in Washington, D.C., the battle moved to the gardens of the White House, which was considered an act of war.
Despite Diana's pain at having her mother murdered by Paula, she was again sentenced to wear the Venus Girdle, confessing in the face of Diana's compassion that she, in her twisted mind, did all that out of love for her.
Maxwell Lord took advantage of that so-called act of war and, pulling the President's strings, was authorized to attack the Amazon Island with the A.R.E.S. automata. Although she did not have the acceptance of the Amazons, especially that of Nubia, lover of Hippolyta, Paula fought to defend Paradise Island, throwing a huge stone on the last automaton of the first wave of attack sent by Max Lord, which was actually Ares, the god of war. With that Diana acknowledged that her healing time was over, taking the Venus Girdle from her waist and freed her, but Paula said that she was free to follow her.
The redemption of the ex-Nazi Superwoman came to an end when Diana brought Hippolyta back to life as a child molded from clay and animated with the eternal heart of the Eternal Queen.
Powers and Abilities
- Longevity: As long as she stayed on Paradise Island, Paula would not grow old, keeping her youth. After being integrated into the Amazons of Amazonia, she gained complete immortality, regardless of whether she was on Paradise Island or not, since she was still alive and of the same apparent age in Harmonia City in the 31st century.
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Speed: Althea mentions that Paula is the swiftest among the Amazons.
- Superhuman Strength
- 2 Appearances of Paula von Gunther (Earth-1)
- 1 Images featuring Paula von Gunther (Earth-1)
- 1 Quotations by or about Paula von Gunther (Earth-1)
- Character Gallery: Paula von Gunther (Earth-1)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."