Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Pegasus is the son of the ocean lord Poseidon and the Gorgon Medusa. He was brutally beaten and mangled beyond recognition by his half brother Falchion and was confronted by Batwoman and Wonder Woman for information on the motives of Falchion. In return, he asked Diana to kill him and put him out of his misery, which she did.
- Divine Physiology
- Immortality: Pegasus has lived for 1000s of years without withering.
- Metamorphosis: Pegasus can also assume the human form.
- Resurrection: Even though Pegasus had been killed by Wonder Woman, like all divine beings he could come back to life if there were people who believed in him.
- This character is an adaptation of Pegasus, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Pegasus was adapted by Robert Kanigher and Ross Andru, first appearing in Wonder Woman #128. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Pegasus first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batwoman (Volume 2) #13 by J.H. Williams III and W. Haden Blackman.
- 3 Appearances of Pegasus (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Pegasus (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Pegasus (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Pegasus (Prime Earth)