Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
On a stormy day on Themyscira, Penelope and Menalippe were present on the secret delivery of fellow Amazon warrior Myrina, who gave birth to a hideous child who Menalippe foresaw will bring nothing more than chaos and death to everyone, starting a mind-shattering war among two Dark Gods who will ravage all of existence.
Trying to prevent this, Penelope attacked the infant with the intent of slaying her before the prophecy comes true, but was stopped and slaughtered alongside Menalippe by Myrina who decided to conceal their disappearance and leave the island, all to protect her evil child.
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race of warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. Penelope possesses the same potential powers as an average Amazon. These include:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as Penelope stays on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- Penelope was created by George Pérez, first appearing in Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #21. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Penelope first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Divergence #1 by Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok.
- 1 Appearances of Penelope (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Penelope (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Penelope (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Penelope (Prime Earth)