Penny's life prior to the events of Joker (Movie) are largely ambiguous. According to Penny, roughly thirty-years prior, she had a relationship with her employer Thomas Wayne the result of which was Arthur Fleck. Throughout the movie, Penny displays an unhealthy infatuation with Thomas Wayne and writes letters to him in hope he will raise her and her son from their poverty. Despite this, when her son confronts his supposed biological father, Wayne aggressively protests, claiming his mother was delusional, that they never had a relationship and that Fleck was adopted. Further details are revealed when Fleck steals Penny's psychiatric files from Arkham State Hospital. Within it includes an adoption certificate, details of her narcissistic personality disorder as well as the horrific abuse she, alongside one of her boyfriends, inflicted on a young Arthur, which culminated in her being committed to Arkham State Hospital. This supposed confirmation of Wayne's claims causes Penny's ultimate death at the hands of her son.
However, Arthur later finds a picture of a young Penny, with the words "I love your smile - T.W." on the back - throwing into question if, and to what extent, Penny was telling the truth.
- Penny Fleck was portrayed by American actress Frances Conroy. Canadian actress, Hannah Gross portrayed a young Penny.
- 1 Appearances of Penny Fleck (Joker Movie)
- 1 Images featuring Penny Fleck (Joker Movie)
- 1 Quotations by or about Penny Fleck (Joker Movie)
- Character Gallery: Penny Fleck (Joker Movie)