Perry White was the editor for the Daily Planet.
Perry met Clark Kent when Clark started working for the paper in his early 30s. When Superman started making news with his first appearance in Metropolis, Perry had his reporters seek out whatever information they can get from the Man of Steel in order to publish it. Lois Lane, who had a private encounter with Superman at her apartment, wrote the interview she had with him which made front-page news. During the brief takeover of the Daily Planet by Warfield Publications tabloid mogul David Warfield, Perry was replaced as the paper's editor by David's daughter Lacy. By securing a loan from the banks, Perry managed to buy a majority of stocks in the newspaper, making him the new owner and relegating Warfield to minority shareholder status. Now that he owns the newspaper, Perry gets his old job back, and tells Clark and Lois under his editorship they will stop all the sensationalism that was rampant under Warfield.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Donnerverse film series and is an adaptation of Perry White. The original character was created by Jerry Siegel and Wayne Boring and first appeared in Superman #7.
- Perry White was played by Jackie Cooper in the Donnerverse Superman films from Superman: The Movie to Superman IV: The Quest For Peace.
- 8 Appearances of Perry White (Donnerverse)
- 1 Images featuring Perry White (Donnerverse)
- Quotations by or about Perry White (Donnerverse)
- Character Gallery: Perry White (Donnerverse)
Daily Planet Staff member