Perry White was the managing editor of the Daily Planet.
Perry's first professional experience as a reporter was while working for the Gotham Gazette. For this reason, Perry would allow some of his top reporters, such as Clark Kent and Lois Lane to work over at the Gazette on several occasions.
Perry won his first Pulitzer Prize for the interview through which Superboy revealed that he was from Krypton. He won his second Pulitzer Prize by convincing Superboy to reveal that he'd moved to Metropolis. Perry's third Pulitzer Prize was for getting the exclusive story on the rogue government scientist Calixto and his Army of Tomorrow, having briefly covered it on WGBS-TV before publishing the full story in the Planet.
- Boxing: Perry was once a finalist in a Golden Gloves competition and was chosen as a last-minute trainer by Superman for his fight against Muhammad Ali.
- This version of Perry White, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane (Volume 1)
- Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen (Volume 1)
- 676 Appearances of Perry White (Earth-One)
- 9 Images featuring Perry White (Earth-One)
- 11 Quotations by or about Perry White (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Perry White (Earth-One)
Daily Planet Staff member