Perry White was a reporter with a good reputation, until Lionel Luthor got him fired, while Perry was investigating him. Perry descended into alcoholism, as he was forced to take less respectable jobs for the Metropolis Inquisitor and a TV show called X-Styles.
In 2003, Perry came to Smallville, to do a story on the meteorites and the events related to them. However, driving drunk, Perry got into an accident and was saved by Clark Kent. Having seen Clark used his powers, Perry began investigating him. However, Perry was seemingly disproven, when he risked his own life to prove that Clark had powers. Convinced that the alcohol had affected his mind, prompting him to put a teenager in danger, Perry decided to quit drinking and get his life back on track. Perry returned to Metropolis and, with the help of some friends, got a job at the Daily Planet.
By 2010, Perry had begun dating Martha Kent and returned to Smallville with her. He joined forces with Lois Lane, to investigate the mysterious "Red Queen" and the Book of Rao. The investigation hit a dead end and Perry left for Africa. However, before leaving, Perry pulled some strings to get Lois and Clark their jobs back at the Daily Planet. Afterwards, Perry became the Editor-in-Chief of the Daily Planet's International bureau in London.
By 2013, Perry had become promoted to Editor-in-Chief of the Daily Planet.
- Alcoholism (Formerly)
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and its tie-in and comic book series, Smallville and Smallville Season 11. It is an adaptation of Perry White. The original character was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and first appeared in Superman #7.
- Perry White was portrayed by Michael McKean.
- 6 Appearances of Perry White (Smallville)
- 3 Images featuring Perry White (Smallville)
- 1 Quotations by or about Perry White (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Perry White (Smallville)
Daily Planet Staff member