Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- Hush little baby - don't you cry. Life's a bitch. And then you die.
- — Rag Doll src
Peter Merkel, Jr., better known as Rag Doll, was an assassin that operates in Gotham City. Rag Doll's signature ability was his extreme contortionism, which he uses to strangle his opponents with his own limbs.
Peter Merkel, Jr was the son of the original Rag Doll and followed in his father's footsteps, taking his contortionism to another level to commit crimes.
Rag Doll was imprisoned in Arkham Asylum and was one of the first batch of inmates that was drugged with Bane's enhanced Venom formula. Even though he and a handful of other inmates escaped, he was quickly put back in jail but not before he slaughtered a few prison guards.
When the villains seemingly killed the Justice League , Bane freed the prisoners of Blackgate and used them as his soldiers against the Arkham Asylum inmates who claimed the city for themselves in Batman's absence, in what would be called the "Arkham War". Rag Doll helped secure the victory for Bane and his Blackgate crew.
When Batman returned, Rag Doll evaded capture long enough to acquire a job to track down some friends of Batgirl. This put him at odds with the vigilante, but, after a brief fight, he managed to escape with his mission complete.
Legion of Zoom
Ragdoll would later be pulled from sometime in the past by Reverse Flash to join the Legion of Zoom. Together, they battled the Flash Family until the speedsters ran fast enough to create a vibrational frequency that sent Ragdoll along with all the other villains back to their respective points in the timeline.
Powers and Abilities
- Rag Doll (Peter Merkel, Jr.) was created by Gail Simone and Dale Eaglesham, first appearing in Villains United #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Rag Doll (Peter Merkel, Jr.) first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2) #1 by Paul Jenkins and David Finch.
- 20 Appearances of Peter Merkel, Jr. (Prime Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Peter Merkel, Jr. (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Peter Merkel, Jr. (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Peter Merkel, Jr. (Prime Earth)
|Batgirl Villain(s) |
Suicide Squad member