Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
After the Atlantean invasion of Boston Peter Mortimer co-opted several Soviet Submarines and started a criminal organization which collected and sold off Atlantean weaponry under the guise of the Scavenger. However his true goal was to one day sit on the throne of Atlantis.
Due to him collecting weaponry and selling it to criminals the Scavenger brought the attention of Aquaman the King of Atlantis. Scavenger concocted a plan to get himself on the throne. First he captured an Atlantean search party and placed a tracking device in one of them; he then allowed for Aquaman to save the search party bringing the tracker to Atlantis.
This plan was successful as Scavenger and his fleet of Submarines invaded Atlantis and Scavenger sat on the throne. His victory did not last long as The Dead King and the armies of Xebel invaded forcing Scavenger and his forces to retreat.
Years later Scavenger is informed that Aquaman was looking for him. He geared up in a new battle diving suit and attacked Aquaman. After a short amount of time he was defeated and was asked about Jonah Payne. Scavenger told Aquaman that Jonah worked for him but disappeared during a salvage op in a strange water body.
- Genius Level Intellect: Scavenger was able to devise a plan which made him the first person to find Atlantis after it sank ever.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic)
- Scavenger's diving suit (Formerly)
- Scavenger's battle diving suit
- Scavenger was created by Bob Haney and Nick Cardy, first appearing in Aquaman #37. However, in the rebooted Prime Earth continuity his first appearance as part of the DC Universe is in Geoff Johns and Paul Pelletier's New 52 Aquaman series.
- 18 Appearances of Peter Mortimer (Prime Earth)
- 11 Images featuring Peter Mortimer (Prime Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Peter Mortimer (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Peter Mortimer (Prime Earth)
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."
Secret Society of Super-Villains member