- Don't forget to say your prayers, Bruce.
- -- Philip Wayne src
Philip Wayne is the brother of Thomas Wayne and the uncle of Bruce Wayne. When his brother Thomas and his sister-in-law Martha were murdered, he became the legal guardian of young Bruce. Philip Wayne raised Bruce as a Christian and sent him to elementary school at Hudson Academy. Bruce grew up to be the vigilante superhero known as Batman.
- This version of Philip Wayne (Earth-Two), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Philip Wayne was originally created in 1969 as a character existing on Earth-One. That version of the character was created by E. Nelson Bridwell and Gil Kane. Roy Thomas reused "uncle Philip" as a character on Earth-Two in 1986.
- The "Uncle Philip" of Earth-Two is only seen briefly in silhouette.
- The story where he appears makes it unclear which side of Bruce's family Philip belongs to. This is clarified in the Who's Who series, which specifically lists him as "Philip Wayne."
- 1 Appearances of Philip Wayne (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Philip Wayne (Earth-Two)
- 1 Quotations by or about Philip Wayne (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Philip Wayne (Earth-Two)