Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
The twins took the soul of Dr. Veronica Cale's daughter, Izzy, to force her to rummage through Wonder Woman's mind in search of the location of Themyscira with the Cyberwalker System (which led to the death of Doctor Cyber, Veronica's friend), because it was in Themyscira that the other Gods of Olympus imprisoned her father Ares. According to them, the Amazons of Themyscira were created by the Gods for the purpose of guarding the god of war.
Phobos and Deimos need to free their father to be able to fully utilize their powers of spreading fear, horror and despair to everyone.
Powers and Abilities
- Godly Physiology: Phobos belongs to a race of ancient and inconceivably powerful beings known as the Old Gods. Because of this heritage Phobos possesses almost unlimited power.
- Bio-Fusion: Phobos can fuse and unfuse with his brother Deimos. The pair did this when they impersonated their father Ares to battle Wonder Woman.
- Cosmic Awareness: Phobos, like all Old Gods, is aware of the multiverse and the realms that lie beyond. This knowledge gives him an understanding of the universe and all life that transcends the capabilities of normal mortals.
- Fear Projection
- Immortality: As an Old God worshipped by the ancient Greeks and Romans, Deimos has lived for at least millennia.
- Superhuman Strength
- Soulstone: A magical gem fastened on the tip of the staff of Phobos. Very rare, this stone can only be found on Mount Olympus and on the shores of the River Styx. The god used it to imprison the soul of Veronica Cale's daughter, Izzy.
- This character is an adaptation of Phobos, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Phobos was adapted by Mike Sekowsky, first appearing in Wonder Woman #183. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Phobos first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #16 by Greg Rucka and Bilquis Evely.
- The only apparent physical difference between the twins is that Phobos has his hair combed to the left while Deimos has his hair combed to the right.
- 14 Appearances of Phobos (Prime Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Phobos (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Phobos (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Phobos (Prime Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."