"The Good Doctor": Elijah Snow and Doctor Axel Brass have a lengthy conversation on the grounds of the Planetary hospital where the latter is recuperating after his 50-year ordeal.
- You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day.
Appearing in "The Good Doctor"
- Daemonites (Flashback only)
- Jenny Sparks (Cameo)
- The High (Flashback only)
- Edison (Flashback only)
- The Aviator (Flashback only)
- Jimmy (Flashback only)
- Kevin Sack (Flashback only)
- Hark (Flashback only)
- The Spider (Flashback only)
- Anna Hark (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Good Doctor"
Elijah Snow and Doctor Axel Brass have a lengthy conversation on the grounds of the Planetary hospital where the latter is recuperating after his 50-year ordeal.
Their talk quickly turns to the fascinating origin of Doc Brass, whose parents were part of a revolutionary society endeavoring to create the Superman. Creating a new kind of diet, learning system, and exercise regime, they made each generation stronger -- "and stranger" -- than the last, culminating in Brass himself.
Brass had his own plan for the future, which involved fighting great threats to mankind...and building a secret society of extraordinary men to save the world. Hark, the greatest mind the Asian countries had ever produced. Jimmy, a secret U.S. government operative. An English Lord raised by beasts. The Aviator. Edison. And the man in black. Together, encountering horrors, they said as one: "We cannot allow the world to be this way." And they did save the world...although for them, things didn't turn out so well.
Brass also tells of Hark's daughter, Anna, a ruthless woman who planned to use her father's inventions, her father's money, and patience to build her future, including the Hark Corporation which has showed up in several issues of the series thus far.
Brass's story, told in the straightforward words, dynamic images, and yellowing pages of old pulp novels, concludes, but Snow has further questions. Primarily, what is Planetary's secret agenda? Chiding him lightly ("Think who you're asking," says Brass, who had been stuck in a mountain since 1944.), Brass counsels patience: establish your questions before you go looking for answers.
Finally, reminiscing blissfully on the glories he and his fellow heroes enjoyed, he tells Snow he should have been there. "I was busy," says Snow, hanging his head.
- The High, as narrated by Elijah Snow, who was killed in attempting to bring down StormWatch's space platform occurred in StormWatch #50.
- Jenny Sparks' return "with a vengeance" refers to her foundation of The Authority in The Authority #1. Elijah's discussion of the attacks on Moscow, London, and Los Angeles were attacked by Kaizen Gamorra were first seen in the first story of The Authority.
- This issue is collected in Planetary Vol. 1: All Over the World and Other Stories.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Planetary Vol 1 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Planetary series
- Images from Planetary Vol 1 5