Platinum is a liquid metal robot made of platinum with almost limitless shape shifting abilities. She was designed by Dr. William Magnus a brilliant robotic expert along with along with five other robots: Gold, Mercury, Iron, Tin and Lead. These robots were known as the Metal Men.
Together, Platinum and the Metal Men embarked on a variety of adventures, their specialty fighting monsters spawned from weird science. Though the Metal Men were repeatedly destroyed, Magnus was always able to rebuild them. She was the sole female member of the Metal Men.
Platinum was often referred to as "Tina" and was infatuated with Dr. Magnus, who never reciprocated her affections. Dr. Magnus tells her she has a faulty Responsometer which he believes makes her act like a real human woman. Her personality is very fiery and tempestuous and she gets very jealous whenever Doc has a date and will happily try to split them up and get his attention back to her. She has a personality clash with Mercury, the other hot head of the Metal Men.
Powers and Abilities
- Platinum Robotic Physiology
- Charisma: Platinum is extremely extroverted and has no reservation about her feelings for Will Magnus. Though Magnus shies away from Tina's affections, her charm and friendliness make her one of the most likable of the Metal Men.
- Chemistry: Platinum is an expert in the field of chemistry as it relates to the element of platinum.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 181 Appearances of Platinum (New Earth)
- 36 Images featuring Platinum (New Earth)
- 4 Quotations by or about Platinum (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Platinum (New Earth)
|Metal Men member|