The Plutonium Man is a liquid metal robot made of plutonium with almost limitless shape shifting abilities.
He was designed by Dr. William Magnus when he was suffering from a mental breakdown after being brainwashed by the United States military.
The robot was programmed with Doc Magnus' disturbed thought patterns. Due to this, Plutonium Man hated the Metal Men. He attacked and beat them all before reaching critical mass and apparently self-destructing. In reality, he split into two creatures, each below critical mass.
The "Master", the Plutonium Man's consciousness, reemerged as a twisted duplicate of Doc Magnus. The other half, an unintelligent drone, could transform into any element the Master desired.
The Master battled Doc Magnus while the Drone dealt with the Metal Men. The Metal Men defeated both threats by plunging them both together into a fissure, destroying them both.
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Strength
- Radiation Production
- Molecular Reconstruction
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Metal Men Recommended Reading
- 2 Appearances of Plutonium Man (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Plutonium Man (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Plutonium Man (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Plutonium Man (New Earth)
Metal Men Villain(s)