Pomoxis was a corrupt Atlantean who conspired to murder the continent's chosen hero Aquaman. Pomoxis summoned Aquaman back to Poseidonis under the pretext of investigating a series of bizarre explosions taking place outside the city. When the two went to investigate, Pomoxis pushed Aquaman into the path of a spiraling vortex, sending him backwards through time some 2,500 years. Returning to Atlantis, Pomoxis assumed Aquaman's appearance, and told everyone that the real Pomoxis died in the explosions.
Using Aquaman's reputation to gain access to seafaring ships, Pomoxis began a series of daring raids, and eventually came to blows with Aquaman's partner, Aqualad. He defeated Aqualad, but fortunately for the youth, the true Aquaman returned to the present to rescue him. Together, they were able to defeat Pomoxis with the aid of a school of fish.
A short time later, Pomoxis conspired with a pirate named Captain Clay and together they lured a pack of sea monsters to attack Atlantis. While Aquaman and Aqualad were distracted trying to keep the creatures away from populated areas, Pomoxis took advantage of the situation and staged a coup against the Atlantean king Stamar. His first official act as the newly crowned king was to imprison Aquaman and Aqualad. The two heroes soon escaped confinement and restored Stamar to his rightful throne.
- This version of Pomoxis, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Pomoxis (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Pomoxis (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Pomoxis (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Pomoxis (Earth-One)
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."