Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- Olympian Physiology: Poseidon belongs to a race of ancient and inconceivably powerful beings known as the Old Gods. Because of this heritage Poseidon possesses almost unlimited power.
- Cosmic Awareness: Poseidon, like all Gods, is aware of the multiverse and the realms that lie beyond. This knowledge gives him an understanding of the universe and all life that transcends the capabilities of normal mortals.
- Immortality: As an Old God worshipped by the ancient Greeks and Romans, Poseidon has lived for at least millennia.
- Invulnerability: Poseidon can endure hits from the likes of Aquaman and Wonder Woman even while in a weakened state.
- Metamorphosis: Poseidon is able to shift his physical form at will, as shown when he disguising himself as a regular human for years.
- Superhuman Strength: Poseidon is strong enough to overpower Wonder Woman even while weakened.
- Life Force Conduit (Formerly): Poseidon was entrusted with the Life Force, one of The Seven Forces of the Universe of reality that allows life to flourish and connects every living being down to their very souls. Poseidon would go on to reside this energy within his trident.
- Trident of Poseidon (Formerly)
- This character is an adaptation of Poseidon, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Poseidon was adapted by Gardner Fox, first appearing in Flash Comics #9. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Poseidon first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Wonder Woman (Volume 4) #5 by Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang.
- 21 Appearances of Poseidon (Prime Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Poseidon (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Poseidon (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Poseidon (Prime Earth)
Expression error: Missing operand for -.