Positive Man was once an alien scientist who blew his planet up while creating a doomsday bomb.
The explosion transformed him into an immense energy being made of positive ions. Envious and jealous of all living beings, he wandered the cosmos, destroying inhabited worlds.
When Positive Man headed towards Sol system, Supergirl was called by the Legion of Super-Heroes to the 30th Century to stop him before he reached Earth. Supergirl saw him deliberately wiping out a planet merely by passing through it. Although her invulnerability protected her from him, she couldn't seize his intangible mass either.
However the same explosion that gave birth to Positive Man also affected a wild animal, turning it into a Negative Creature made of negative ions. Supergirl tracked the Negative Creature down and baited it into colliding with the Positive Man. As a result of the fusion of opposite energies, they cancelled out each other.
- Unique Physiology: Positive Man's body is a massive mass of positive energy.
- Vulnerability to Negative Energy: Positive Man can be destroyed if he comes into contact with a creature made of negative energy.
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Infinity Inc. (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 3)
- Supergirl (Volume 4)
- Supergirl (Volume 5)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 6)
- Worlds' Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 7)
- 4 Appearances of Positive Man (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 2 Images featuring Positive Man (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Quotations by or about Positive Man (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Positive Man (Pre-Zero Hour)
|Supergirl Villain(s) |
|Legion of Super-Heroes Villain(s)|
This character or group of characters is or was primarily an enemy of the Legion of Super-Heroes from the 31st Century, and may have existed in any of the various Legion continuities, including but not limited to the Original Legion, Reboot Legion, and the Prime Legion. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Legion of Super-Heroes villains" category.