"Beasts of Burden": As Simon Peters stalls a meeting with attorneys regarding Starrware Industries bankruptcy trial, Power Girl is battling Project Cadmus' newly-created monsters. In spite of being outnumbered, Kara reassures her ai
- Well, I guess you can take the D.N.A. out of the dog, but not the dog out of the D.N.A. So, you wanna help me rip these guys a new one, boy?
Appearing in "Beasts of Burden"
- Max Lord
- Joan Ng (First appearance)
- Krypto Clone (Only appearance; dies)
- Supergirl (Mentioned only)
- Superman (Mentioned only)
- Krypto (Mentioned only)
- JLA (Mentioned only)
- JSA (Mentioned only)
- Doom Patrol (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Beasts of Burden"
As Simon Peters stalls a meeting with attorneys regarding Starrware Industries bankruptcy trial, Power Girl is battling Project Cadmus' newly-created monsters. In spite of being outnumbered, Kara reassures her aide Nicco she can handle it.
Professor Ivo watches Power Girl fight, stating she looks more prone to cut loose than Superman or Supergirl and insisting that his creations are not monsters but G.E.L.F.s -genetically engineered life forms-, and they were designed to fight her, specifically. Power Girl replies she isn't interested in fighting his creatures but in having a look inside his facility. Power Girl breaks into the Cadmus facility while Ivo is in the middle of bragging that such an action is impossible.
Power Girl explores the building and locates an unencrypted server which she uploads to Nicco. Cho realizes the data is too sensitive for him alone to be responsible for and forwards it to Batman. Meanwhile, Power Girl stumbles across the facility's kennel. Suddenly, she is assaulted by another creature and Ivo. Looking to create a distraction, Power Girl breaks more creatures free, but Ivo screams the whole herd is uncontrollable and runs away. Kara is attacked by a clone of Krypto, but although the dog seems hostile at first, he looks to recognize Kara and joins her. Power Girl and the cloned dog get to enthusiastically bring the facility down and take the clone army out, but then Maxwell Lord appears, shoots the dog and brings Power Girl under his mind control.
Lord yells at Ivo for cloning Krypto against his orders, and tells him to set up the Beta Site for the final preparations. Exerting his telepathy, Max convinces Power Girl that Captain Atom murdered her former JSA teammate, Magog, and orders her to take down the remaining members of Justice League International.
- This book was first published on January 19, 2011.
- Continued in Justice League: Generation Lost #18.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Power Girl Vol 2 20 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Power Girl series
- Images from Power Girl Vol 2 20
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Infinity Inc. (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 3)
- Supergirl (Volume 4)
- Supergirl (Volume 5)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 6)
- Worlds' Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 7)
Links and References
- Supergirl at Wikipedia.org
- Supergirl at DC Comics
- Supergirl at TV Tropes
- Supergirl at Supermanica
- Supergirl Comic-Book Chronology
- Power Girl at Wikipedia.org
- Power Girl at TV Tropes
- Power Girl at Supermanica