"Space Girls Gone Wild!": Something has crashed into Prospect Park and Karen Starr rushes to her new home's roof to change clothes, without realizing she is being watched and getting her picture snapped. Power Girl takes off for the crash place and finds some unknown s
- Usually it's impossible to catch a cab this time of day...
- -- Power Girl
Appearing in "Space Girls Gone Wild!"
- Three Female Aliens from Vega 9
- Brody (an android)
- Officer Stagg
- Pete Gallowitz
- Alice Cohen
- Officer Rafferty
Synopsis for "Space Girls Gone Wild!"
Something has crashed into Prospect Park and Karen Starr rushes to her new home's roof to change clothes, without realizing she is being watched and getting her picture snapped. Power Girl takes off for the crash place and finds some unknown space ship. Kara descends to investigate when the ship suddenly deploys a cannon and fires an enormous beam. Kara dodges the shot and sees it hitting another ship entering Earth's atmosphere. Kara gets to dismantle the cannon.
Meanwhile, three alien women step out of the ship, surrounded by throng of onlookers. A cop called officer Stagg confronts the trio, but one of them assures -as crushing his gun- they don't intend to fight anyone unprovoked... and he should make sure that everyone keeps away because their vessel will self-destruct in less than four minutes. Stagg starts evacuating the place.
Unaware of it, Power Girl tears apart the ship's hull to slip inside. By accident, a bolt drops down, hits one of the aliens on her head, causing her weapon go off and kill a criminal under Stagg's custody.
Meanwhile, Power Girl looks around the ship. Kara is attacked by a guardian robot, but she swiftly disposes of it. Then she meets an android called Brody, who explains the ship's owners hail from planet Vega 9. It belonged to someone they are trying to avoid, so they left the ship after setting up the self-destruct sequence. Kara asks when it's supposed to self-destruct, and Brody answers they have only three seconds left.
The ship explodes, knocking Power Girl unconscious. Several cops and firemen rush to lay Power Girl on a stretcher and carry her out of the impact crater, but she regains consciousness and walks out of the place thanks to a helpful fireman.
Later, Kara is back in her company, dividing her time between getting her cat washed clean and interviewing her new Public Relations when she sees a news report on the ship's explosion and the three alien women.
In the meantime, Kara continues to interview her newest employee when they suddenly see cars falling from the sky. Kara rushes the new girl out, suits up and gets out. Power Girl catches a falling cab and goes to stop a street fight between the alien trio and their tracker.
- This book was first published on September 23, 2009.
- Power Girl's cat was portrayed as grey in the first four issues of Power Girl Vol 2, while historically portrayed as yellow or orange. In this issue it is revealed that the cat had been using a supply of graphite powder as a litter box and that the grey colour is simply a thick cover of dust. After a thorough scrubbing it's once again orange. This story is explained throughout issues 1–4 through very subtle hints in the background imagery.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Power Girl Vol 2 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Power Girl series
- Images from Power Girl Vol 2 5
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Infinity Inc. (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 3)
- Supergirl (Volume 4)
- Supergirl (Volume 5)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 6)
- Worlds' Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 7)
Links and References
- Supergirl at Wikipedia.org
- Supergirl at DC Comics
- Supergirl at TV Tropes
- Supergirl at Supermanica
- Supergirl Comic-Book Chronology
- Power Girl at Wikipedia.org
- Power Girl at TV Tropes
- Power Girl at Supermanica