- I discovered that I could mentally will it to grow or diminish if I was in close enough proximity. I then realized that it was this strange psycho-sensitive property that had allowed me to first survive and reverse the shrinking process...
- — The Atom
Appearing in "Home is the Hero!"
- Atom (Ray Palmer) (Flashback and main story)
- Seven Drug Runners (Unnamed)
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Don Brice (Dies in flashback)
- Agent Bailey (First appearance)
- Various Agents (Unnamed)
- Katarthans (Flashback only)
- Skul Bird (Flashback only)
- Dr. Alvin Jeffries (Mentioned only) (Behind the scenes)
- Justice League of America (In a photograph only)
- South America (Flashback only)
- United States of America
- White Dwarf Star Fragment (Flashback only)
- Atom's Sword (Flashback only) (Destroyed)
- The Atom's Farewell
- Bucket Boom Truck
Synopsis for "Home is the Hero!"
Old Morlaidh had been destroyed and they build a New Morlaidh. In the remains of the old, Ray had recovered the White Dwarf Star Fragment from their Star Drive, and realized that the Katarthans did not know that they had been shrunk by it. Before he could propose restoring them, former colleague Don Brice stumbled into his new world and shared news before he died. Everything nearby was going to burn.
The six inch tall Atom sped to their camp on a Skul-Bird, but could not make himself understood to the Brazilian Men. One grabbed at him and the battle was on. In the confusion, a stray bullet destroyed his sword, and another set off the napalm. The camp, and New Morlaidh were destroyed in a fireball and Ray Palmer found no surviving Karathans. He shrank the last White Dwarf Star Fragment and took it away.
In the local police station, Ray found and battled the same men before he called Norman, and rode the signal through a satellite which scrambled his molecular structure. Norman now called for Dr Alvin Jeffries, but the CIA listened in and had heard Ray's predicament.
- Shopton is the town Jean (Loring) Hoben moved to set up her law practice after her divorce from Ray Palmer.
- No trivia.