"Comings and Goings": The Atom waits for Agent Bailey in his secure office, and turns down Bailey's offer of joining the C.I.A. Bailey is too shocked to say much to Ray, who jumps into the phoneline, bu
- This is the JLI?! The only two I recognize are J'onn J'onzz and the Batman! Where did these people come from? And who in blazes is this "Captain" Atom? What, I'm gone for a few months and someone steals my name?
- — The Atom
Appearing in "Comings and Goings"
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Agent Bailey
- Agent Kevin Stevens
- Davey (Single appearance)
- Justice League International
- Maxwell Lord
- Mister Miracle (Mentioned only)
- Guy Gardner (On a TV or computer screen)
- Rocket Red #7 (On a TV or computer screen)
- Booster Gold (On a TV or computer screen)
- Martian Manhunter (On a TV or computer screen)
- Green Flame (On a TV or computer screen)
- Batman (On a TV or computer screen)
- Ice Maiden (On a TV or computer screen)
- Captain Atom (On a TV or computer screen)
- Blue Beetle (On a TV or computer screen)
- Ricky Ricardo (Mentioned only)
- Hawkman (Mentioned only)
- Hawkwoman (Mentioned only)
- United States Coast Guard (Mentioned only)
- San Clemente
- Hanesworth Estate (Unnamed)
- San Clemente
- Cape Pachter
- Atlantic Ocean
- Key Biscayne (Mentioned only)
- New York
- Brazil (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Comings and Goings"
The Atom waits for Agent Bailey in his secure office, and turns down Bailey's offer of joining the C.I.A. Bailey is too shocked to say much to Ray, who jumps into the phoneline, but lets slip to Agent Stevens that he was responsible for Operation Fireball.
Calling from Langley, the Atom jumps out of the phone in Manhattan's Justice League International Embassy, and surprises Oberon who explains that the League has changed since Ray's tenure; and that all members are away in space anyway. Maxwell Lord sees an opportunity, and asks The Atom to join the J.L.I. For the second time that day, the Atom turns a membership down.
In San Clemente, an old foe watches and thanks his luck that the Atom has not joined the J.L.I...
Old friends Ralph and Sue Dibny vacation in Cape Pachter, and Ray Palmer travels the phone lines to their hotel. All have a great time distracting and capturing some well-armed parrot smugglers, before the smugglers are turned over to the Coast Guard.
The trio of heroes are mobbed by media back at the hotel, but the photographers don't recognize Ray out of costume. But someone in San Clemente does. Chronos, Master of Time has completed his new costume, and when he holds the old costume in his new gauntlets, it disintegrates at his touch.
- An earlier adventure with Hawkman and Hawkwoman is mentioned by Ray Palmer, though the specific identity of the Hawks is unknown. Katar and Shayera only existed in Earth-85 at this time, so Ray Palmer must have been referring to Fel Andar and Sharon Parker. Thus the exact events of Power of the Atom #4, which occurred in Earth-85, cannot be what the Atom was referring to in this issue.
- Hawkman is confusing.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Power of the Atom Vol 1 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Power of the Atom series
- Images from Power of the Atom Vol 1 5
- Atom Recommended Reading