- For too long the Citadel has ruled our galaxy through fear and terror! You've made slaves of our families and refugees of us Omega Men because you fear our powers! Now you will learn you had reason to fear us!
- — Primus src
Pren, alias Primus was born of a noble family on the world of Euphorix in the Vega star system. Like most his breeding, Pren was selected for special combat training by the Warlords of Okaara. It was during his youth on Okaara that he met a fellow Euphorian Kalista.
As an adult, Pren took upon himself the name of Primus, a Euphorian phrase which means The One Who Leads. As Primus, he rebelled against the alien conquerors the Citadel and became the leader of a group of refugees known as the Omega Men. Primus initial role as leader of the Omega Men was short-lived however. During the Citadel War, he lost his position through trial-by-combat to his second-in-command Tigorr; a fight that cost Primus his right eye.
Tigorr proved to be a competent military leader, and Primus was irritated by how quickly he had won the loyalty of the other rebels. Primus fell into a great malaise, and even Tigorr was shocked when he found him wallowing in a state of drunken self-pity. Hoping to bolster Primus's self-esteem, Tigorr brought him to his home world of Karna where the two engaged in a brief battle with the bounty hunter known as Bedlam.
The greatest blow to Primus' ego however occurred after the end of the Citadel War. While en route to his home world of Euphorix, he discovered that his wife Kalista, now re-instated as the planet's queen, had permanently activated Euphorix's Planetary Shield, cutting them off from the rest of the galaxy. Primus refused to accept the notion that he might never see his beloved wife again. Awakened with a newfound drive, Primus took command of the Omega Men once again and mounted a full scale assault against Euphorix's shield. The strategy would have yielded disastrous results if not for the intervention of the Omega Men's ally Auron. Through Auron's actions, the planetary shield was dissolved and Primus was reunited with Kalista.
During the great Invasion crisis all of the Omega Men were assaulted and captured by the ruthless Alien Alliance before they could pose a threat to the organization. They were imprisoned in the Starlag, along with many other metahumans and human sympathizers. Vril Dox started a riot amongst all inmates against the Citadel guards, and Primus was tragically murdered, gunned down in the fight by his captors.
- Unique Physiology: Primus' powers are the result of genetic mutation and not common to other Euphorians.
- After extensive use, Primus will need rest before his powers returns to full strength. 
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- In the dialect of the Woodwitch clan, Primus means The One Who Leads.
- Primus often suffers lapses in judgment whenever his wife Kalista is threatened.
- When a Psion replicator created a hundred Primus clones, Primus designated himself "Primus-Prime".
- 57 Appearances of Pren (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Pren (New Earth)
- 5 Quotations by or about Pren (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Pren (New Earth)
|Omega Men member|
This character is or was a member of the Omega Men, intergalactic freedom fighters who operate in the Vega system, one of the most dangerous sectors of the universe. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Omega Men members category."