Primaid was a White Martian and a member of the alien super-team known as the Hyperclan. Primaid and her seven colleagues came to Earth several years ago, claiming to be the last survivors of a world that had been destroyed by geological upheaval an environmental irresponsibility. Vowing to never allow such catastrophe to even occur again, the Hyperclan allegedly journeyed through space for "a thousand gyres", seeking out planets in need of saving. In truth though, this was just a front to turn public opinion against Earth's more prominent super-heroes, specifically, the Justice League of America.
In short order however, the JLA came to realize that the Hyperclan were not benevolent creatures, but the first wave of a full-scale alien armada intent on conquering the planet.
Primaid fought against Superman outside the Hyperclan citadel at Z'onn Z'orr. Using invisibility, she managed to sucker-punch Superman in the stomach, but Superman learned quickly from the incident and was able to take her down expeditiously.
A short time later, Primaid and her allies had a rematch against the League, but this time, it was the Martian Manhunter who proved to be her better.
When the rest of the Hyperclan were defeated, the Martian Manhunter used his powers to wipe their minds and memories, forcing them to assume human forms. Providing them with new identities, he then sent them out to live as productive members of the human race.
- Martian Physiology
- Extrasensory Input
- Martian Vision
- Malleable Form
- Decelerated Aging
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Strength
- Martian Physiology
- 8 Appearances of Primaid (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Primaid (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Primaid (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Primaid (New Earth)
- ↑ JLA #1
- ↑ JLA #2
- ↑ JLA #4
- ↑ The powers and weaknesses listed are based on the common abilities of Martians first demonstrated by J'onn J'onzz. The refrences listed are based on J'onzz as depected in the Earth-One and New Earth continuities.
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 5.13 5.14 5.15 5.16 5.17 5.18 5.19 Detective Comics #225
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 DC Comics Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Who's Who: Update '88 #2
- ↑ Martian Manhunter #4
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Detective Comics #226
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) #8
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 JLA #89
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #14
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Who's Who in the DC Universe #5
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Martian Manhunter Villain(s) |