"The Call": In Northern Ireland, the new Jack O'Lantern saves a girl trapped in a flaming bus but doubts his abilities as a hero. He is encouraged by a priest and a mysterious old woman who exhorts him to go to the water before vanishing.
Primal Force #0 is an issue of the series Primal Force (Volume 1) with a cover date of October, 1994.
Appearing in "The Call"
- Primal Force (First appearance as Primal Force)
- Leymen (First appearance)
- Brother Bandaras
- Brother Donovan
- Brother Du Leaum
- Christine (First appearance)
- Mrs. Nightingale (First appearance)
- United Kingdom
- Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland
- United States of America
Synopsis for "The Call"
In Northern Ireland, the new Jack O'Lantern saves a girl trapped in a flaming bus but doubts his abilities as a hero. He is encouraged by a priest and a mysterious old woman who exhorts him to go to the water before vanishing.
In New York City, Christine is tortured by her father Dr. Mist who caoxes her to see visions of the future with a magical pendant. She sees Cataclysm coming. The man who would become this monster is in Peru, driven by a quest to transform into this ancient demon. He kills several villagers, dives into a well, and reemerges as the beast.
Mist leaves his daughter and convenes with the surviving Leymen. All of the others give up their membership in the brotherhood, telling Mist to find replacements among the superhero community. He begins a mystic ritual in front of a standing pool and Cataclysm materializes to drown him.
Meridian Mychaels wraps up her self-defense class at the gym. She goes to the pool and is transported alongside the other heroes to Mist's study. Jack O'Lantern saves Mist from drowning but as Claw appears, he is in a violent rage trying to stop his foe.
- In October of 1994, all of the existing mainstream DC Comics titles released a special "0" issue to coincide with the Zero Hour crossover event. The purpose of the "0" issue was to reveal a previously unknown aspect of the title character's background. DC Titles under the Vertigo imprint were largely unaffected by Zero Hour and thus, no "0" issue specials were published for them.
- Although they are not called this by name, this team and title update the Global Guardians concept of the 1970s.
- No trivia.
Links and References
|Zero Hour Crossover|
The events from this issue or series are related to Zero Hour: Crisis in Time!, or its successor event Zero Month. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Zero Hour category.