Princess Emerald was the third and youngest daughter of Lady Emerald. She became good friends with Amy Winston, and after several adventures, was transported to Earth along with her, with the passage to Gemworld apparently blocked. She posed as Amy's cousin, and shared a room with her.
Though she would temporarily return to Gemworld as a child, she decided to live on Earth until adulthood. She developed psychiatric problems as a result of the change, and married her psychiatrist Michael. He was killed by a demon in Child's employ.
Child took over Emmy's mind and forced her to fight Amethyst. After a brief fight, the Emmy was able to regain control when the Lord of Chaos was ripped from her.
As she was now an adult, the viziers of the Emerald Domain tried to force her into becoming Lady Emerald. She refused, and with Amethyst's help, returned to Earth. She took with her Amber, a child birthed by Gemworld itself, and raised her as her daughter.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 26 Appearances of Princess Emerald III (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Princess Emerald III (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Princess Emerald III (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Princess Emerald III (New Earth)