Professor Dalton built a Duplicator Ray in hopes of duplicating items. The first item he tested it on was Radium. He then used a Geiger counter to test the duplicate radium with the results showing that it had no radiation. He then used the machine on a jewel in which the duplicated jewel melted like ice. Unfortunately, this machine created imperfect duplicates. As Superboy was leaving the laboratory, the professor slipped and fell into the Duplicator Ray. This caused the machine's ray to hit the Boy of Steel and accidentally created an imperfect duplicate of Superboy. This short-lived non-living creature was called Bizarro. The professor's machine was destroyed by his accidental slippage. A second machine was later built by the Brain who used it to create a short lived Krypto-Bizarro. Years later, the villainous Lex Luthor intentionally rebuilt Dalton's flawed machine in order to create an adult Bizarro.
- This version of Professor Dalton, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 4 Appearances of Professor Dalton (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Professor Dalton (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Professor Dalton (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Professor Dalton (Earth-One)