Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Prometheus shows up to torment Midnighter using stolen technology from the God Garden that he sells to various individuals around the world. In addition, he has got hold of the Gardener's secret files on Midnighter's true identity and origin. When confronted by Midnighter, Prometheus uses God Garden technology to block Midnighter's tactical computer, eliminating the edge Midnighter has in analyzing an opponent's fighting techniques. Prometheus also reveals that he has downloaded all of Midnighter's own skills into his brain to use against him.
Pretending to be an ordinary man, he uses the alias Matt Dell to seduce and have a romantic relationship with Midnighter to achieve their goals.
Attack on the Justice League
- Cybernetic Enhancement
- Genius Level Intellect
- Computer Hacking
- Electrical Engineering
- Tactical Analysis: Self-proclaimed "god of forethought", Prometheus is a tactical genius. He has detailed files on every member of the Justice League of America and how to defeat them, he has stated that there isn't a single member of the Justice League he couldn't beat in ten different ways.
- Cosmic Key
- Prometheus was created by Grant Morrison and Arnie Jorgensen, first appearing in New Year's Evil: Prometheus #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Prometheus first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Midnighter (Volume 2) #1 by Steve Orlando and ACO.
- 11 Appearances of Prometheus (Prime Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Prometheus (Prime Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Prometheus (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Prometheus (Prime Earth)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Midnighter (Volume 2) #1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Midnighter (Volume 2) #7
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Midnighter (Volume 2) #6
- ↑ Justice League of America (Volume 5) #18
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Justice League of America (Volume 5) #18
- ↑ Justice League of America (Volume 5) #19
- ↑ Justice League of America (Volume 5) #20
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."