Prym-El was born to Lara and Jor-El on Kandor. As Lara spend much of the pregnancy in the Phantom Zone, his DNA was altered, turning him into a Kryptonian-Brainiac hybrid. He aged rapidly, first being able to fly, then quickly becoming a child and developing the ability to speak. Brainiac killed Jor-El, starting a fight with Superman. Prym-El tried to stop the fight, but was manipulated by Brainiac into joining him in the Legion of Doom. Lara chased them down and crashed Brainiac's Skull Ship. Prym-El emerged as an adult, with Brainiac going behind her with the Phantom Zone Projector. He freaked out and tried to take the projector from Brainiac, inadvertently sending all of New Krypton into the zone. This enraged Prym-El, first destroying the Legion's base before turning his attention to his brother's allies, the Justice League. After defeating most of them, he was confronted by the Unknown Superman. He revealed himself as Pryme's future self, before taking him into the future.
The Future Future
He eventually fulfilled his destiny and became Unknown Superman. He frequently traveled to the past and became an ally to the Superman Family, helping mentor Superboy and his own cousin, Kara Zor-El. One adventure had him traveling back to the day of his birth and defeating his nemesis, Composite Superman, before he could harm an infant Prym. Not long after Prym-El's birth, the Unknown Superman traveled back to the past to find a manipulated Superman Pryme attacking the Justice League. He confronted his counterpart and took him to the future in hoping of reforming him, continuing the paradox.
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Prym-El possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Prym-El's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Prym-El can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Prym-El's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Prym-El's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Prym-El can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, he can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows him to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Prym-Els can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Prym-El can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Prym-El is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of his dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Prym-El is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, his extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Prym-El is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on his body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Prym-El's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. His strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables him to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Prym-El is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to his perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Prym-El is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from his lungs. He can chill the air as it leaves his lungs to freeze targets. He can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into his lungs.
- Longevity: Prym-El can live longer than regular humans, remaining at his prime as long as he was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- Vulnerability to Kryptonite (Formerly): Prym-El was vulnerable to Kryptonite as a child, but this weakness went away once he became an adult.
- 5 Appearances of Prym-El (Tiny Titans)
- 4 Images featuring Prym-El (Tiny Titans)
- 1 Quotations by or about Prym-El (Tiny Titans)
- Character Gallery: Prym-El (Tiny Titans)
Legion of Doom member
Superman Family member
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."