The Puzzler is quite adept at parlor games and puzzles, using both of these in various way to gain the upper hand against Superman.
The Puzzler was a man who used his amazing cheating skills to win almost any game and was also in the business of blackmail and extortion. He kidnaps Lois Lane many times and forces Superman play for her freedom. The Puzzler always cheats but Superman notices it and was able to turn the tables on him in a game of checkers by using his super-speed to cheat and give the Puzzler a taste of his own medicine. Rather than give up the Puzzler attempts to escape.
The second time he returns in a card game championship as a masked player. Though skillful, he is bested in every game. The Puzzler wants ironic revenge. He is only able to kill one champion, the poker champion. He beat him to death with a fireplace poker. The others (the bridge player who he tries to throw of a bridge; the hearts player to have a heart attack; the rummy champion to die of poisoned rum; the casino player killed in a casino) were saved by Superman. He then followed Puzzler to his hideout and while avoiding his traps, captured the criminal.
- This version of Puzzler, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 4 Appearances of Puzzler (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Puzzler (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Puzzler (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Puzzler (Earth-Two)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."