As Queen of a crumbling, submerged, Atlantean outpost named Venturia, Queen Clea enslaved the men of her realm and amused herself by putting many to death in gladiatorial combat. Desiring extended rule, Clea repeatedly and unsuccessfully attacked Venturia's flourishing sister city of Aurania. Despite these failures, she expanded her ambition towards domination over the entire lost continent of Atlantis. In order to do this, Clea stole the fabled Trident of Poseidon to make herself virtually unstoppable.
When Clea took her battle to the surface world she battled against Wonder Woman in the 1940s, and was defeated. Clea then teamed with the original Villainy Inc. in order to overtake Wonder Woman but this did not work out either.
Powers and Abilities
- Atlantean Physiology: Queen Clea can swim at incredible speeds and can withstand the pressure of the ocean at great depths. Adapted for breathing underwater and resisting deep-sea-level pressure.
- Asphyxiation: Atlanteans can only exist outside of water for a limited period of time or else they will dehydrate, asphyxiate and ultimately die.
- This version of Queen Clea (Earth-Two), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 8 Appearances of Queen Clea (Earth-Two)
- 2 Images featuring Queen Clea (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Queen Clea (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Queen Clea (Earth-Two)
Wonder Woman Archives
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."