Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
The Quintessence is a group of the most highest order beings who bear witness to the events that have, is, and will happen.
Since its first glance, they bore witness to the arrival of Perpetua. Upon witnessing it, they knew what it meant for the future of the universe, yet did not act, stating that it was not up to them to change its course. "It never has been."
Following the victory of Perpetua over Earth and casting the Justice League out, the Quitessence return, telling a defeated J'onn that they also witnessed this outcome happening. They claimed it to be the faith of the Justice League. They revealed that Perpetua's final attack was meant to destroy the League, but the Quitessence brought them back. They claimed they stayed out of the fight because they were protecting something important.
They give the Justice League a path to everything; the past, present, and future. All actions and all events. They give the League a choice to witness it for themselves; an offer they accepted.
- Quintessence was created by Mark Waid and Alex Ross, first appearing in Kingdom Come #3. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Quintessence first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League (Volume 4) #1 by Scott Snyder and Jim Cheung.
- The Wizard's appearance differs from his current Prime Earth appearance, most likely to maintain the same design from the Kingdom Come storyline.
- 2 Appearances of Quintessence (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images that include Quintessence (Prime Earth)
- Team Gallery: Quintessence (Prime Earth)
Links and References