Ra's al Ghul was the founder and leader of the League of Assassins whose ultimate goal was to create a new world purged of corruption through the death of whomever he deemed necessary to lead by himself and his organization.
At one point, Ra's considered Slade Wilson to become his successor and lead the League of Assassins, but he believed that Slade had failed the tests that he presented to him and had him excommunicated. During Ra's feud with Batman, Talia bore a son named Damian Wayne who was the biological son of his mortal enemy, Batman.
When Damian was ten years old, Ra's' base of operations was attacked by Slade and his mercenaries. After a prolonged battle, Ra's was set alight by Slade. With his body badly damaged by the flames, Damian attempted to place Ra's in the Lazarus Pit in order to revive him, but was told by Talia that it was beyond the pit's capabilities. On the body of Ra's, Damian swore revenge against Slade for his grandfather's murder.
Powers and Abilities
- Lazarus Enhancement: Ra's possessed access to a Lazarus Pit, which he was able to use to come back from death and heal himself. His usage of the pit may have also enhanced his physical attributes.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Movie Universe and is an adaptation of Ra's al Ghul. The original character was created by Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams and first appeared in Batman #232.
- Ra's was voiced by Giancarlo Esposito in Son of Batman and T.C. Carson in Justice League vs. Teen Titans.
- Appearances of Ra's al Ghul (DC Animated Movie Universe)
- Images featuring Ra's al Ghul (DC Animated Movie Universe)
- Quotations by or about Ra's al Ghul (DC Animated Movie Universe)
- Character Gallery: Ra's al Ghul (DC Animated Movie Universe)
League of Assassins member
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Teen Titans, the Titans, or any of the other various Titans incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Titans Villains" category.