Ra's al Ghul was a mysterious nemesis and admirer of Bruce Wayne (Batman). In 1979, Bruce Wayne reached the hidden location of Ra's' chambers, where he was held captive by Ra's' men and given the proposition to enter into the Lazarus Pit with him in the hopes of defeating "the Head of the Demon". With no other choice but to be killed by Ra's' men, Bruce Wayne accepted the challenge and entered the Lazarus Pit with Ra's', who then warned Bruce about the dangers of the Pit. As they descended into the Pit, the pain from its fluids became too much for Ra's to bear and he tried to escape, but Bruce Wayne prevented him from doing so and both of them were covered by the fluids. After a while of the two men being immersed, Ra's' daughter Talia raised up the platform only to find one man who survived the Lazarus Pit: Bruce Wayne, who was now given immortality by having his soul fused with Ra's'.
Extended life through the use of the Lazarus Pit, though at the cost of madness
Lazarus Pit, which grants him longevity of life at the cost of madness
- This version of the character is native to the Superman & Batman: Generations series of stories.
- Appearances of Ra's al Ghul (Earth-3839)
- Images featuring Ra's al Ghul (Earth-3839)
- Quotations by or about Ra's al Ghul (Earth-3839)
- Character Gallery: Ra's al Ghul (Earth-3839)