Dr. Harrison Wells listed Ralph Dibny among those who had lost their lives as a result of the explosion at S.T.A.R. Labs. However, Ralph is later shown to be alive, although this is likely a side effect of Flashpoint and Ralph is likely still deceased in the Pre-Flashpoint Timeline.
Approximately One Year before Barry Allen became the Flash Ralph was a Police Officer who came into conflict with, and was later fired from, the CCPD after Barry discovered he was falsifying evidence and committing perjury in a murder case. After leaving the CCPD Ralph started his own Private Investigation business.
Years later, after Barry had returned from the Speed Force after his defeat of Savitar, Barry and Joe West came into conflict with Ralph once more after it was discovered that Ralph was on the Bus with eleven others who had gained powers from Dark Matter Energy released from Barry's return. After speaking with Ralph and discovering he had made over a dozen phone calls to the Mayor Barry and Joe speak with the Mayor who states that Ralph was calling him to try and blackmail money from the Mayor in exchange for giving the Mayor photos he had taken for his P.I. job of the Mayor being unfaithful to his wife, however, the Mayor decides that he wants Ralph dead instead. Later, after Breacher comes after Ralph, believing him to be Plastoid, the destroyer of Earth-19, and after discovering the Mayor wants to kill Ralph, Barry, Cisco, and Joe come to Ralph's defense and successfully save him. Afterwards, Barry returns to Ralph's office asking Ralph to join them at S.T.A.R. Labs where they will study him and Barry will also train him to use his powers, which Ralph agrees to. While there Barry asks Ralph why he was investigating the Mayor in the first place, to which Ralph states he received a phone call from someone asking him to, after Barry asks who it was, Ralph states that the man only ever gave his last name, DeVoe.
- Elasticity: after Dark Matter released from the Speed Force from Barry's return hit him and eleven others on a bus, the Dark Matter Polymerized with his cells, causing his cells to become much more elastic, allowing him to stretch incredible distances. While his maximum Elasticity is currently unknown, it is known that he is at least able to stretch his arm far enough to grab onto the skids of a Helicopter while it was flying high above Central City.
- Superhuman Durability: Ralph has shown Superhuman Durability on multiple occasions. His skin is shown able to capture a bullet shot at him from a close range and allow him to eject it from his nose, all with no damage to Ralph. His skin is also able to capture a punch from Barry with no damage and is durable enough to allow Barry to run up his outstretched arm from ground level into an airborne helicopter, without catching Barry's foot in the process.
- Investigation: Due to being a former Police Officer and a Private Investigator, Ralph is highly skilled in Investigation.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Flash, its tie-in comic book series, and its related television series. It is an adaptation of Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man. The original character was created by John Broome and Carmine Infantino and first appeared in The Flash #112.
- Ralph Dibny is the third of twelve metahumans encountered with powers caused by Dark Matter expelled from Barry's return from the Speed Force. these metahumans are being tracked by the Thinker as he is indirectly responsible for causing them to gain powers in the first place.
- Ralph Dibny is portrayed by Hartley Sawyer.
- 48 Appearances of Ralph Dibny (Arrowverse)
- 3 Images featuring Ralph Dibny (Arrowverse)
- 1 Quotations by or about Ralph Dibny (Arrowverse)
- Character Gallery: Ralph Dibny (Arrowverse)