Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Ralph Dibny was a member of Secret Six and is currently going by Elongated Man.
Main article: Doomsday Clock Vol 1
After Superman is framed and rendered comatose, Elongated Man joined the group of heroes heading towards Mars to confront their mysterious enemy. The heroes meet and engage Doctor Manhattan, but they are easily defeated.
Powers and Abilities
- Elasticity: As his name suggests, the Elongated Man can stretch his limbs and body to superhuman lengths and sizes. There seems to be no limit to how far or wide he can stretch but it is more difficult to control his ability the further he's stretched. Unlike Plastic Man, his elasticity has limits to his physical form; as such, he can make rounded or straight basic shapes but he cannot say stretch into a car or tools.
- Superhuman Agility: These stretching powers grant the Elongated Man heightened balance enabling him flexibility and coordination that is beyond the natural limits of the human body.
- Transformation: With the loss of his wife he could not stretch so instead he used his powers to "Hulk out" by growing large and gaining super-strength.
- Elongated Man was created by John Broome and Carmine Infantino, first appearing in The Flash #112. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Elongated Man first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Secret Six (Volume 4) #1 by Gail Simone and Ken Lashley.
- In his first few appearances using his real name, his last name was spelled "Dibney", but then it changed to the traditional "Dibny". The "Dibney" spelling appears to be an error, with no in-story explanation.
- 27 Appearances of Ralph Dibny (Prime Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Ralph Dibny (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Ralph Dibny (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ralph Dibny (Prime Earth)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.