The God Rao has no clear depiction or body; instead, he is a mythological force. There is an awareness of Rao as the primary god in Krypton's Pantheon as far back as Krypton's recorded history goes. He is not necessarily named, but always identified with Krypton's Red Sun, and, at the same time, the maker of that sun and the moons.
Priests of Rao
When the constitution of Krypton was being written, Tala-El consulted Yu-El - the Temple of Rao high priest - to establish a scientific system of governance as chosen by the will of Rao and Tala's ingenuity.
Despite Yuda being the God of Marriage and Mistress of the Moons, Rao is thanked first at weddings and credited for creating the moons.
Kryptonian infants are baptized in the light of Rao. Before rocketing away from an exploding Krypton, young Kal-El II was named and dedicated to Rao, as was Kal-El I, son of Erok the Magnificent.
- This version of Rao, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- No physical appearance of Rao is seen in the Earth-One continuity. Only his Prophets and priests seem to have direct knowledge of his existence.
- Appearances of Rao (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Rao (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Rao (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Rao (Earth-One)